ACTION-Grid will act as a multiplier of previous outcomes in Grid and BMI. ACTION-Grid will disseminate these outcomes in Latin America, the Western Balkans and North Africa.
- To survey Grid-based and BMI initiatives in Europe, Latin America, the Western Balkans and North Africa. These results will be combined with data from an inventory of Grid/Nano/BMI methods and services-, developed by the consortium.
- Based on previous EC-based projects, ACTION-Grid will foster training and mobility in Grid and BMI.
- To develop a White Paper, in collaboration with a panel of recognized experts. This document will be delivered to the EC to establish a future agenda covering the Grid/Nano/Bio/Medical Informatics areas and develop new plans in Latin America, the Western Balkans and North Africa.
- To disseminate ACTION-Grid, by means of:
- An international symposium on Grid and BMI. This conference will be carried out in Europe, with two satellite conferences
- Scientific publications,
- Dissemination strategies, such as a Website, Newsletters, Press releases, etc.
To expand previous initiatives to create a common health information infrastructure in Europe, and extending it to other regions. It will enhance cooperation between research centres, universities, hospitals, SMEs, public entities, and others. ACTION-Grid will expand the impact of EC achievements in Grid and BMI to researchers, educators, and health practitioners' world-wide.
For further information, please visit:
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Universidad de Talca
- Sveučilite u Zagrebu Medicinski fakultet
- Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III
- Sociedad Italiana de Beneficencia en Buenos Aires
Timetable: from 06/2008 to 11/2009
Total cost: 1.118.402
EC funding: 999.077
Programme Acronym: FP7-ICT
Subprogramme Area: Virtual physiological human
Contract type: Coordination and support actions
Related news article:
- ACTION-Grid Project Invites Research Groups to Participate in a Survey
- EU Project Takes ACTION with Bio, Grid and Nano Technology Development