WWL chose Allscripts because of a demonstrated record of on-time and on-budget system implementations as well as its proven track record as a successful healthcare information technology (HIT) partner for other NHS Trusts. WWL also cited Allscripts Sunrise flexibility and clinical decision support capabilities as deciding factors.
The system will provide the trust with a proven, robust and flexible solution that can address current strategic requirements whilst maintaining the ability to evolve ensuring future clinical, operational and financial needs are supported.
"Allscripts, like WWL, is an innovative, forward-thinking organization," said Andrew Foster, Chief Executive. "Allscripts Sunrise flexible and technologically advanced system fits perfectly with WWL's mission to be safe, effective and caring and put the patient at the center of everything we do. WWL will make the most of the flexibility, dependability and innovative clinical capabilities of Allscripts Sunrise to continue to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients and continually improve quality and safety."
The Allscripts Sunrise solution can deliver a number of benefits to WWL patients including:
- An integrated care record from patient admission to discharge which will support safer, more efficient patient care
- Access to key information throughout an episode of care together with sophisticated decision support, allowing clinicians to diagnose faster and provide safer, more effective treatment
- Improved pro-active identification of potential patient allergies, alerts and safety concerns
- Functionality provided by Allscripts Sunrise Patient Portal to give patients more control and flexibility in their care provision
For consultants and administrative staff the benefits can include:
- Reduction of duplication and administrative burden by providing a single point of entry for clinical and administrative information
- Reduction in the reliance on paper and paper casenotes by capturing clinical information in real time at the point of patient care and providing this electronically to the ward and clinic level
- Reduction in duplicate entry of medical notes meaning increased time for hands on patient care
- Greater efficiency managing handovers of care, supporting multidisciplinary team working
- Improved data quality to support safer, more efficient patient care and support clinical research initiatives
In addition to Allscripts Sunrise, WWL will deploy Allscripts Sunrise Emergency CareTM and other patient-focused solutions, including portal and mobile applications. Allscripts Sunrise Emergency Care provides end-to-end emergency department (ED) management to reduce wait time and length of stay and ensure ED physicians see patients faster, and meet department goals.
"We are very pleased WWL has chosen Allscripts," said Paul M. Black, President and Chief Executive Officer of Allscripts. "WWL's commitment to Allscripts underscores our value for healthcare organizations throughout the United Kingdom. Allscripts is a trusted partner with a clear history of delivering on-time, on-budget implementations for hospitals within the National Health Service. We are looking forward to contributing to WWL's mission of care for its communities."
About Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust (WWL) is the provider of acute hospital services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding area. They provide district general hospital services for the local population of over 318,000. Their specialist orthopaedic services are offered to a much wider regional, national and international catchment area.
Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) is a leader in healthcare information technology solutions that advance clinical, financial and operational results. Our innovative solutions connect people, places and data across an Open, Connected Community of HealthTM. Connectivity empowers caregivers to make better decisions and deliver better care for healthier populations.