Carestream's Successful R&D Efforts Earn 61 U.S. Patents In 2015; 64 Additional Patents in Other Countries
Carestream Health was awarded 61 new patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2015 for innovations in radiography, cone beam CT imaging, healthcare IT, dental imaging and other areas. The company also received 64 additional patents in European and Asian countries last year.
"These patents demonstrate Carestream's continued success in developing and protecting advanced technologies across our global businesses," said Susan Parulski, Chief Patent Counsel for Carestream. "We are committed to delivering new products and technologies that are reliable, easy to use, and enable our customers to improve the quality and value of their services."
New patents earned by the company’s scientists and engineers include:
- New image capture technologies related to the development of cone beam computed tomography (CT) systems designed for orthopaedic extremity imaging;
- Enhancements to Carestream’s proven portfolio of healthcare IT systems that manage, store and share patient data and medical imaging exams;
- Continued technology advances in Carestream’s growing portfolio of radiology systems that can enhance medical image quality for a wide range of healthcare providers;
- New technology and features for dental imaging, dental image processing and software and dental restoration systems;
- Continued developments in Carestream imagers and media that provide affordable printing of digital X-ray exams onto medical film and paper; and
- New product features for Carestream Advanced Materials in the area of transparent conductive films for use in flexible touch panel displays for such products as digital wrist devices, smart phones, digital tablets, laptops and electronic displays.
The company's product portfolio includes digital imaging systems for general radiology and specialty areas such as women's health, orthopaedics and pediatrics; digital imagers that output medical images to film and paper; and the latest healthcare IT solutions and cloud-based services for hospitals, clinics and physician practices. Carestream's Dental division develops and markets film and digital imaging solutions, anesthetics and practice management software.
Carestream Advanced Materials is a high-quality developer of transparent conductive films based on silver nanowire technology, with research and development facilities and distribution centers throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
In 2014, Carestream was awarded 66 patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as well as 34 patents in countries outside of the United States.
Related news articles:
- Carestream's Profile
About Carestream Health
Carestream is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and IT solutions; X-ray imaging systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets - all backed by a global service and support network.
CARESTREAM is a trademark of Carestream Health.
Most Popular Now
RADAR-CNS (Remote assessment of disease and relapse - Central Nervous System), a major new research programme supported by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) start...Read more
UK healthcare technology company Patientrack has been recognised as providing one of the best eHealth solutions anywhere in Europe, in an EU competition focussed on healt...Read more
Merck, a leading science and technology company, announced today that the company has entered into an agreement with HAPPYneuron, a subsidiary of SBT Group of France, in ...Read more
Opinion Article by Steve Carvell, head of healthcare at CommonTime. Technology skills are in higher demand than ever. Look across any vertical and developers who can cre...Read more
A new centre for digital innovation which could transform the way mental health care is provided will be launched today. The Centre for Translational Informatics (CTI) is...Read more
21 - 22 June 2016, Lausanne, Switzerland. The 2016 Healthtech Summit is the leading independent European event for investment in Digital Health and Medtech. The summit a...Read more
Most Americans go online for information and support about health-related issues. But what exactly are they looking for? Researchers at the University of California, Rive...Read more
Startupbootcamp Digital Health Berlin, a business accelerator for early stage startups, announces a new partnership with Philips today. As a part of this partnership, f...Read more
26 - 28 October 2016, Berlin, Germany. eHealth is presently reshaping the way doctors and medical professionals work or interact between themselves and with their patien...Read more