Carestream's Successful R&D Efforts Earn 61 U.S. Patents In 2015; 64 Additional Patents in Other Countries
Carestream Health was awarded 61 new patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2015 for innovations in radiography, cone beam CT imaging, healthcare IT, dental imaging and other areas. The company also received 64 additional patents in European and Asian countries last year.
"These patents demonstrate Carestream's continued success in developing and protecting advanced technologies across our global businesses," said Susan Parulski, Chief Patent Counsel for Carestream. "We are committed to delivering new products and technologies that are reliable, easy to use, and enable our customers to improve the quality and value of their services."
New patents earned by the company’s scientists and engineers include:
- New image capture technologies related to the development of cone beam computed tomography (CT) systems designed for orthopaedic extremity imaging;
- Enhancements to Carestream’s proven portfolio of healthcare IT systems that manage, store and share patient data and medical imaging exams;
- Continued technology advances in Carestream’s growing portfolio of radiology systems that can enhance medical image quality for a wide range of healthcare providers;
- New technology and features for dental imaging, dental image processing and software and dental restoration systems;
- Continued developments in Carestream imagers and media that provide affordable printing of digital X-ray exams onto medical film and paper; and
- New product features for Carestream Advanced Materials in the area of transparent conductive films for use in flexible touch panel displays for such products as digital wrist devices, smart phones, digital tablets, laptops and electronic displays.
The company's product portfolio includes digital imaging systems for general radiology and specialty areas such as women's health, orthopaedics and pediatrics; digital imagers that output medical images to film and paper; and the latest healthcare IT solutions and cloud-based services for hospitals, clinics and physician practices. Carestream's Dental division develops and markets film and digital imaging solutions, anesthetics and practice management software.
Carestream Advanced Materials is a high-quality developer of transparent conductive films based on silver nanowire technology, with research and development facilities and distribution centers throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
In 2014, Carestream was awarded 66 patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as well as 34 patents in countries outside of the United States.
Related news articles:
- Carestream's Profile
About Carestream Health
Carestream is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and IT solutions; X-ray imaging systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets - all backed by a global service and support network.
CARESTREAM is a trademark of Carestream Health.
Most Popular Now
You might not want to depend on your smartphone app alone to help you avoid or achieve pregnancy, say the authors of a new study. A review of nearly 100 fertility awarene...Read more
Mobile health applications have a clear potential to bring significant benefits to individual citizens and to society as a whole. Citizens can benefit from continuous and...Read more
What have the best brains of Europe come up with to improve health and wellbeing with the help of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)? This report offers an ...Read more
Machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence that allows computer programs to learn when exposed to new data without being programmed. Now, researchers in The Ne...Read more
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) has signed a licensing agreement with Visiopharm to offer their breast cancer panel software algorithms  with Philips IntelliSite ...Read more
That's the question Drexel University researchers hope to answer with one of two new studies launching this month. They have developed a computer game and smartphone app ...Read more
A national focus on reducing avoidable patient harm in NHS hospitals is to benefit from a new collaboration between two vital signs monitoring and technology specialists...Read more
A clinical trial testing mobile videoconferencing as a means for physicians to diagnose stroke patients while they're being transported to the hospital has found that a t...Read more
Imagine a companion who is able to constantly motivate you, actively encourages you and changes your bad habits into healthy ones. A companion who is always present and w...Read more