The European Connected Health Alliance (ECHAlliance) announced the speakers for keynotes, interactive panel sessions and workshops taking place at Digital Health & Wellness Summit @ Mobile World Congress 2016.
Lars Kalfhaus, Country Director and Managing Director at Roche Diabetes Care Spain; Mike Short, Vice President at Telefonica Europe; Andres Martin, Global Digital Health Director at BUPA-Sanitas Insurances Group, and Peteris Zilgalvis, Head of Unit for eHealth and Well Being in DG CONNECT of European Commission have been added to the line-up of speakers that also include policymakers and representatives of leading industries, hospitals and entrepreneurs.
In a series of workshops and keynote addresses, these global leaders will examine issues such as the regulatory environment around mobile apps in health & wellness environment, personalised medicine and genomics, the Internet of Things, the design of digital health solutions and the management of behaviours change. In addition, latest developments in mobile health technologies will also displayed at the congress.
"The Digital Health & Wellness Summit @ Mobile World Congress is the place where leading industries from various sectors (IT, Telcos, pharma, devices...) can meet with health professionals, governments, insurances… and build the future of healthcare," said Brian O'Connor, Chair, ECHAlliance. "Our interactive sessions set up a dialog space between these key stakeholders: people meet and discuss, they build projects and each year, the participants come back from Barcelona with fresh ideas and new innovative projects."
High level speaker profiles
Key representatives of health and social care services providers, government departments, device manufacturers, software and app developers, media and telecommunications industries, and patients will be represented at the congress and will share their vision about the state of mobile Health & Wellness sector. Among the key speakers will be:
- Joe Killen, International Business Development Director at Tunstall (USA)
- Ain Aaviksoo, Deputy Secretary General for e-Services and Innovation at Ministry of Social Affairs of Estonia (Estonia)
- Heiko Borwieck, Managing Director at Philips Germany (Germany)
- Rick Van Terheyden, Chief Medical Officer at DELL Healthcare (USA)
- Carlos Esteban, Human Resources & Corporate Responsibility Director at Zurich Insurances (Spain)
- Matic Meglic, Digital Health Director at Medtronic
- Tomaz Gornik, CEO at Marand (Slovenia)
- Michael Nova, M.D. Chief Information Officer at Pathway Genomics (USA)
- Fabrice Pakin, CEO at Ignilife (France)
- Karolina Korth, Business Development at Roche Diabetes Care Spain - Emminens Healthcare Services (Spain)
- Joan Cornet, Director of mHealth Competence Center at Mobile World Capital Barcelona (Spain)
- Chris Lewis, Managing Director of Lewis Insight and Founding Partner of The Great Telco Debate (UK)
- Karina Marcus, Director of the Active Assisted Living (AAL) Programme (Belgium)
- Kumar Jacob, NE Director of SLAM NHS Trust London (UK)
For more information and complete programme, please visit:
The European Connected Health Alliance (ECHAlliance) is the trusted connector, facilitating multi-stakeholders connections around ecosystems and driving sustainable change in the delivery of health and social care.
ECHAlliance community gathers 320+ member organizations and 15,000+ experts: governments, health & social care providers, companies, academics, insurances, patients & citizens, investors...
ECHAlliance members develop innovative solutions around mobile Health, chronic diseases management, active & healthy ageing, Internet of Things, wearables, connected living...