Chronic Heart Failure is one of the most remarkable health problems for prevalence and morbidity, especially in the developed western countries, with a strong impact in terms of social and economic effects.
All these aspects are typically emphasized within the elderly population, with very frequent hospital admissions and a significant increase of medical costs.
HEARTFAID aims to make more effective and efficient all the processes related to diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of the Heart Failure within elderly population.
This general goal will be achieved by developing and providing an innovative technological platform that:
- integrates biomedical data within electronic health record systems, for easy and ubiquitous access to heterogeneous patients data;
- provides services for healthcare professionals, including patient telemonitoring, signal and image processing, alert and alarm system;
- supports clinical decision in the heart failure domain, based on pattern recognition in historical data, knowledge discovery analysis and inferences on patients' clinical data.
For further information, please visit:
University of Calabria, (IT)
- Università della Calabria (IT)
- Università degli Studi "Magna Graecia" di Catanzaro (IT)
- Università degli Studi di Milano "Bicocca" (IT)
- Jagiellonian University Medical College (PL)
- VMW Solutions LTD (UK)
- Hellenic Communications and Telematic Applications Company S.A.- FORTHNET (GR)
- SYNAPSIS Srl (IT)
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (IT)
- Foundation for Research and Technology- Hellas (GR)
- Rudjer Boskovic Institute (HR)
- Instituto Auxologico Italiano (IT)
Timetable: from 02/06 to 01/09
Total cost: 3.220.115
EC funding: 2.089.759
Project Identifier: IST-2005-027107