FICHe is open for applications on September 15, 2014 and closes on October 31, 2014. Selected SMEs and startups will enter into a 18-month challenge, split in a three phase acceleration program. SMEs and startups will translate their idea into a field lab tested prototype, while elaborating their business plan and go-to-market strategy. The most promising and innovative proposals complying the requirements of each phase will be selected by External Independent Review Committee (EIRC) to continue to the next phase. 80 teams will enter the first phase with grant of 15 000€, 40 will continue with 50 000€, and 20 finalists entering the third and last phase will receive 152 000€. Total amount of funding is 6 240 000€.
- Funding by grants up to 217 k€ throughout the whole development process from idea to a tested prototype
- Access to three regional ecosystems that are available for development and trial purposes
- Access to regional business centers that offer support in the form of business coaching, training and advice
- Access to end-users to be involved in the development process
- Access to a set of innovative technologies developed by leading developers, bundled, documented and tested in the FIWARE program
- Exposure in over 15 member states of the start-up and its products and services
- A structured program containing support, training, coaching and funding
- Opportunities to meet potential investors and venture capitalists
- Be part of greater journey, 16 accelerators working together bringing more value
- SMEs will produce high quality deliverables with the help of training and coaching
Criteria for Applying
1. Only projects using FIWARE technology will be funded
2. Proposals should be targeting the eHealth domain (including mHealth)
3. Applicant should be SME or startup
4. Applicant should participate on their own i.e. consortium of SMEs is not accepted
For further information and submission, please visit:
The FICHe project is one of the accelerators supported by the Future Internet program and targeted to the successful deployment of FIWARE technology with the aim to create successful businesses throughout Europe. FICHe focus is on eHealth solutions. The project is co-funded under the European Union's Programme for research, technological development and demonstration.
Project partners are University of Oulu, Business Oulu, TIC BioMed, FFIS de la region de Murcia, TNO, Amsterdam Economic Board, Stichting zorgInc., Dutch eHealth Fund Management BV and Stichting Digitalezorg.nl.
Supporting Partners are the Community of Regions Ambient Living, DHealth, ISfTeH, Health Startup, Somateq, Rockstart Accelerator, Amsterdam Smart City, Poznan ICT Cluster, VentureLab, StartUp Bootcamp, ENoLL, Health 2.0, ECHAlliance, EVIA, The Egg, Council of Oulu and Turku Science Park.