1. Study on Big Data in Public Health, Telemedine and Healthcare (Publication)The aim of the study on Big Data in Public Health, Telemedicine and Healthcare is to identify applicable examples of the use of Big Data in Health and develop recommendations for their implementation in the European Union. Examples of Big Data in Health were identified by a systematic literature review, after which the added value of twenty selected examples was evaluated.
2. Zebra Announces Regulatory Approval of its Deep Learning Imaging Analytics EngineZebra Medical Vision, the leading machine learning imaging analytics company, announces that the company has been granted the CE approval and subsequent release of its Deep Learning Analytics Engine in Europe, as well as regulatory clearance and product release in Australia and New Zealand. The company's Analytics Engine provides automated analysis of imaging data, helping radiologists provide faster, more accurate and comprehensive reports.
3. eHealth Trends & Talks (Publication)The digitization of the healthcare sector is in a phase of dynamic development. More and more countries are already implementing - or in coming years they are going to implement - eHealth strategies, healthcare providers are investing boldly in It infrastructure and companies and start-ups are introducing increasingly modern mobile solutions to the market.
4. Health at a Glance: Europe 2016 (Publication)This publication is the result of a close co-operation between the OECD and the European Commission and is the first step in the Commission's "State of Health in the EU" initiative to strengthen country-specific and EU-wide knowledge on health issues. The content, including the selection of key indicators of health and health systems, was agreed upon by the OECD and the Commission, based mainly on the European Core Health Indicators (ECHI), the Joint Assessment Framework on Health, and using the 2014 Commission Communication on effective, accessible and resilient health systems as reference framework.
5. Call for Papers: EHB 2017 - IEEE International Conference on e-Health and BioengineeringThe 6-th edition of the International Conference on e-Health and Bioengineering, EHB 2017, will take place in the city of Sinaia, Romania. This year the conference motto is "Developing technologies for a better tomorrow", the sub-domains and topics of medical bioengineering and biomedical engineering represent fundamental pillars for the reinforcement of medical research and of health care.
6. Technology for Health (Publication)InterComponentWare AG (ICW) is a leading supplier of software for the healthcare IT market. ICW develops solutions for IT-based collaboration among healthcare professionals and their patients. ICW is your trusted partner for solutions that involve patients in their treatment plans and that securely exchange data across enterprises.
7. Transforming eHealth into a Political and Economic Advantage (Publication)eHealth has quickly become a symbol of the democratization of healthcare, as well as an opportunity to meet the challenges caused by an ageing society, the epidemic of non-communicable and chronic diseases and the dramatically rising costs of healthcare.
8. Health 2.0 Europe 2017The 8th edition of Health 2.0 Europe will take place in Barcelona in a new location: Fira Montjuic, Plaza España. Health 2.0 Europe will showcase and explore the latest innovations in Healthcare such as patient-provider communication, consumer health, genomics, data analytics, corporate wellness and so much more.
9. eHealth Hub Solution Match Call: Hospital Bernal is Looking for a Digital Health SolutionSolution Match is one of the services offered by the EU-funded initiative eHealth Hub, intending to promote and boost up commercialization. The eHealth Hub aims to provide long-term support to the eHealth ecosystem stakeholders and addresses key challenges facing European SMEs in this space.
10. Allscripts Closes Acquisition of McKesson's Enterprise Information Solutions BusinessAllscripts (NASDAQ:MDRX), a global leader in healthcare technology, has closed its acquisition of McKesson Corporation's hospital and health system IT business, known as the Enterprise Information Solutions (EIS) business. The transaction significantly expands Allscripts client base in U.S. hospitals and health systems and expands its solutions portfolio.
11. Doctors 2.0. & YOU: The International Digital Health CongressThe seventh Edition of Doctors 2.0 & You will take place on Thursday-Friday, June 1-2, on the campus of the Cité Universitaire Internationale de Paris. The program is designed for participants from around the world and all of healthcare stakeholders: patients, professionals, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, insurance, government, academia, organizations...
12. Co-founder / Project Managing Director (Job)Merck is looking for a co-founder/project managing director who can ensure a speedy and efficient development, commercialization and scale-up of portfolio of promising innovation project in start-up at Merck. You will be fully responsible for setting up all operations, building the team, developing the business activities and gaining market leadership.
13. FDA Selects Participants for New Digital Health Software Precertification Pilot ProgramToday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced the names of the companies selected to participate in a first-of-its kind pilot program that will help revolutionize digital health regulation in the U.S. FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D. announced today the nine participants, who include leaders and innovators in the medical device and technology sectors, of the FDA’s digital health software precertification pilot program (FDA Pre-cert) during his keynote address at the AdvaMed MedTech Conference in San Jose, California.
14. Siemens Healthineers Presents Solutions for the Digitalization in HealthcareUnder the motto "More Networking. More Digitalization. More Value" Siemens Healthineers, the separately managed healthcare business of Siemens AG, is presenting its solutions for the digitalization of healthcare at the conhIT (Connecting Healthcare IT) 2017 trade fair. In this context Siemens Healthineers will showcase in Europe for the first time its new digital platform for healthcare providers as well as for providers of solutions and services, aimed at covering the entire spectrum of healthcare.
15. Siemens Healthineers Establishes Global Digital Ecosystem to Drive Digitalization of HealthcareAt the Health IT Conference (HIMSS) 2017 in Orlando, Siemens Healthineers has announced a digital platform for healthcare providers as well as for providers of solutions and services, aimed at covering the entire spectrum of healthcare. The platform is to foster the growth of a digital ecosystem linking healthcare providers and solution providers with one another as well as bringing together their data, applications and services
16. Doctrina Raises €1,020,000 of New CapitalDoctrina, a start-up company transforming the traditional transfer of knowledge between pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies, has raised a total of €1,020,000 in series A funding. The investment will enable Doctrina to execute its growth plans and scale its solution to new markets.
17. Novo Nordisk and Glooko Partner to Develop Digital Health solutions for People with DiabetesNovo Nordisk and Glooko today announced that the two companies will work together to deliver jointly-developed and branded digital health solutions for people with diabetes. The non-exclusive collaboration will combine Novo Nordisk's deep knowledge of diabetes with Glooko's digital platform and data analytics expertise.
18. Philips to Help Develop AI and Machine Learning Healthcare Industry, as Supporter of UK Government's Early Diagnostics Industrial Strategy Challenge FundRoyal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), a leader in health technology, is pleased to be associated with the government's recently announced £4.7 billion Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. Working with public bodies, industry colleagues, the Office of Life Sciences and the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Philips will contribute to the development of artificial intelligence (AI) based and digital diagnostic solutions at scale.
19. Global Healthcare Consultant (Job)We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today's dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done - because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
20. Autism, Diabetes, Cancer & Pain in New IMI Call for ProposalsAutism, diabetes, cancer and pain are among the topics for the €348 million 10th Call for proposals launched under the IMI2 programme. Other topics in the Call focus on: the creation of a European network for clinical trials in children; the biomanufacture of certain medicines; the need to include the patient perspective in medicines development; and the role of certain genes in disease.