1. MSD Innovation Factory Selects 3 Companies to co-Create Digital Health SolutionsThroughout the MSD Innovation Factory, MSD launched 7 health-related challenges to award the three most outstanding solutions. Blendarsys, Symptoma and Grupo Pulso are the winners out of 100 proposals. The companies will receive up to $20,000 each to co-create and roll-out their solution with MSD support.
2. Open Call SC1-DTH-01-2019: Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for Monitoring Health Status and Quality of Life after the Cancer TreatmentCurrently available methods and strategies for diagnosis and treatment of cancer help clinicians continuously improve quality of care and prevent cancer deaths in the population. Accurate risk assessment, availability of genetic tests, timely diagnosis and effective treatment has created the impression of cancer being a chronic disease that can be cured.
3. Artificial Intelligence for Health: ITU and WHO Call for ProposalsThe ITU Focus Group on 'AI for Health' (FG-AI4H), created in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO), has issued a Call for Proposals to identify compelling use cases of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in strengthening health services and overarching health systems.
4. ECHAlliance International Projects Lead (Jobs)In order to support its international development and to provide continued support to the Digital Health Society, ECHAlliance will appoint a new team member, as "International Projects Lead" within the Strategy and Innovation team.
5. Senior Manager Digital Health Technology Hub (Jobs)Amgen is currently seeking a talented, self-directed Senior Manager Digital Health for the Technology Hub in Berlin, Germany to drive insight and project strategy and execution for key technology and digital innovation projects. The successful candidate will be part of a small and diverse team with backgrounds in design thinking, data science, technology prospecting, and more.
6. Editor-in-Chief, The Lancet Digital Health (Jobs)Responsible for developing and launching a new monthly online-only, gold open access specialty journal for The Lancet. The Editor must be a subject expert who can shape the journal into a forum for publishing the most relevant and practice-changing research in the multidisciplinary field of digital health.
7. R&D Digital Lead (Jobs)As the R&D Digital Lead, you will be responsible for partnering across all GSK Consumer Health categories to develop a strategic pipeline of digital healthcare innovation. This will include pioneering new, creative approaches to develop intuitive digital diagnostics and therapeutics, as well as evaluating digital devices/sensors/apps either marketed or in various stages of development.
8. Senior International Medical Digital Manager (Jobs)As Senior International Digital Medical Manager you will accelerate the adoption of digital within the specific Medical Therapeutic Area and live your passion of thinking outside of the box. You will be part of a dynamic team where you will have the opportunity to use your creative skills and digital mindset to provide a unique Boehringer Ingelheim customer experience.
9. PhD Candidate Next Generation Medical Imaging Systems (Jobs)We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today's dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done - because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
10. Open Call SC1-DTH-08-2018: Prototyping a European Interoperable Electronic Health Record (EHR) ExchangeLarge amounts of valuable health data are generated and collected during and between citizens' medical examinations across Europe. However, opportunities to reuse these data for research and better healthcare are often missed because health data continue to be confined in data silos, often not matching semantic standards, quality needs and safe data exchange techniques.
11. How Blockchain Technology will Change the eHealth IndustryOpinion Article by Michael Krusche, founder and CEO of K&C.
Let's imagine a world where all medical information about a patient is securely kept within a single system, and they can share it with any healthcare professional, without red tape. Until now, such a dream has been impossible. With the help of blockchain, however, all of that will change.
12. Global Digital Brand Manager (Jobs)In this role you define and manage the business/marketing strategy and improve continuously the results of our digital brands and products, ensuring the marketing plan and tactics are implemented and responsively adapted to the competitive landscape with full buy-in and collaboration of the affiliates, leading to the commercial success of our digital brands and products.
13. Product Manager Big Data & Analytics Cloud Based Platform (Jobs)We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today's dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done - because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
14. NHS Staff Punished as 500,000 Rely on WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and other AppsWhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and other unauthorised instant messaging (IM) apps are being used by approximately 500,000 NHS staff at work, as a growing number turn to consumer tools to communicate with colleagues and even patients, a new report has revealed.
15. International Masters's in Medical Informatics at the Heart of EuropeThe Master of Science Program in Medical Informatics (MMI) at European Campus Rottal-Inn (ECRI)in Pfarrkirchen - a branch of the Deggendorf University of Applied Sciences (THD - Technische Hochschule Deggendorf) in Bavaria, Germany - is accepting applications for entry in October 2018.
16. Consultation: Transformation Health and Care in the Digital Single Market (Publication)The present report provides an analysis of the results of consultation activities carried out by the European Commission in preparation of a Communication on the Transformation of Health and Care in the Digital Single Market. The main findings show that over 93% of over 1400 respondents to an online questionnaire believe that "Citizens should be able to manage their own health data".
17. Call for Abstracts: European Telemedicine Conference 2018 (ETC18)27 - 29 May 2018, Sitges, Barcelona, Spain.
The European Telemedicine Conference 2018 (ETC18) is an interdisciplinary forum for healthcare professionals, directors, managers, and researchers with the intent of bringing together governmental leaders, healthcare delivery organizations, and academic research initiatives. ETC18 highlights research and operational evidence from innovative healthcare solutions.
18. Open Call SC1-HCC-04-2018: Digital Health and Care Services - Support for Strategy and (Early) AdoptionHealth and care service providers and users are increasingly facing complex decisions when exploring and investing in new health and care solutions. There is a need to support cross-border cooperation in preparation of procurement of research and innovative digital solutions, including on how to balance innovation risks with improved outcomes.
19. Research Associate - Digital Health (Jobs)An opportunity has arisen for a researcher to support an established research programme led by Professor Andrew Farmer. You will have responsibility for working on one or more of a series of related studies intended to develop and evaluate new approaches to monitoring and supporting people with long term (and multiple) conditions including diabetes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, building on the availability of novel digital-health technologies.
20. Philips Launches First Global Start-Up Collaboration Program Focused on the Application of Artificial Intelligence in HealthcareRoyal Philips (NYSE: PHG; AEX: PHIA), a global leader in health technology, announced the launch of its first global start-up collaboration program involving Philips' innovation hubs in Cambridge (US), Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Bangalore (India) and Shanghai (China) focused on the application of artificial intelligence (AI) in healthcare. The program focuses on the application of AI-based clinical decision support tools, such as image interpretation, analysis and integration, and workflow tools, such as intelligent treatment plans for radiology, ultrasound and oncology.