She or he has knowledge on the developments within the healthcare and technology sectors especially where these two sectors meet to create validated, scalable and disruptive new digital health businesses. This knowledge should extend to the latest trends within digital therapeutics, behavior change, predictive analytics, (consumer) medical devices, mobile diagnostics, artificial intelligence, patient engagement and disease management platforms. A deep understanding of the dynamics of (international) healthcare systems and organizations is essential.
The perfect candidate for this role is someone who has recently built or been part of building a digital health company and has a good understanding of technology and the healthcare sector. She/he could have potentially started as a founder, and later gained experience as a leader in her/his own company. Ideal candidates have raised funding in several rounds and have ended the most recent startup journey by having their business acquired or successfully excited in other ways. She/he has a deep understanding of how healthcare works and has excellent communication skills in English. Experience as an early stage investor is a big plus.
- Engaging with and managing the existing community of mentors, experts, and investors;
- Coaching the startups in the program on a daily basis;
- Organizing and facilitating sessions and overseeing daily operations of the program;
- Managing and maintaining relationships with different stakeholders;
- Inspiring and managing a team of (international) professionals and interns;
- Weekly coaching of the startups to ensure they progress on the right milestones.
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- Have a getting-stuff-done attitude - The program is equally intense for the Rockstart team as it is for the startup, with several deliverable - you must know how to master your to-do list and priorities.
- Good Coach - Using your deep insights of the tech world and your experience, you should help startups shape their business. You must be a people's person for this one.
- Go Getter - Some of the goals of the program and the startups can be tough, you must leave no stone unturned to achieve these goals.
- Visionary - You must be able to help startups with their product that helps them disrupt their industry and also better the existing program.
- Sharp & Direct - You should be sharp to know what is fluff and to call it straight out and give advice that matters and helps.
At least 5 years of entrepreneurial experience either as a founder or on the management team of a startup and a deep understanding of the dynamics in (digital) health. We are looking for someone who is also experienced in managing and coaching people, as well as leading a team.
- Experience as an early stage investor;
- We would love our employees to bring something extra to the table, so we encourage you to mention in your motivation any special knowledge or experience that in your opinion is very valuable for Rockstart.
- You have lived and/or done business in different cultures.
The story of Rockstart is really the story of people - the founders, entrepreneurs, investors and mentors who believe in the power of entrepreneurship. Over the last 5 years we have built a solid international community of people who share our vision and want to give back by supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs to reach their goals. Through this collective knowledge and experience we are building the stage for sharing entrepreneurial skills and wisdom.
Rockstart helps startups be more successful in their first 1,000 days through funding and mentorship (Rockstart Accelerator and Rockstart Impact), community and office space (Rockstart Spaces), relevant startup events (Rockstart Answers).