|Location:||Exeter, Leeds, London, Redditch, Southport,
This programme is now commencing the migration phase and requires an experienced and ambitious Programme Head to take up the challenge of the biggest IT migration in the NHS, in order to migrate customers to HSCN, while incorporating and collaborating with social care and other public sector organisations.
With a central budget of over £80million a year, this ambitious programme is one of the largest of its kind and provides an excellent opportunity for a Programme Head to deliver a major IT programme, encompassing stakeholder engagement, procurement and implementation activity across health and social care on a national basis.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Programme Head to deliver a major IT programme on a national, "system-wide" scale.
The role is to deliver the programme to migrate customers to HSCN at pace, with the objective of closing legacy networking arrangements (the legacy N3 network is one of the largest private networks in the world with over 40,000 deployed services) and moving to value-for-money successor arrangements that meet the needs of health and social care.
- Establish and lead the migration programme team in NHS Digital, including the services of a consultancy partner and incorporating:
- A customer-facing "field force", organised on a geographical basis
- A central "deployment office"
- Manage strategic relationships with stakeholders (listed below) at a senior level, including internal, customer, supplier and wider government relationships
- Ownership and delivery of the migration strategy
- Close collaboration with the NHS Digital commercial function on delivery of the procurement strategy
- Manage the high-level plan to engage/support customers to migrate to HSCN in line with overall programme timescales, including support for regional procurement/migration initiatives and incorporating appropriate prioritisation and phasing
- Manage operational engagement with the incumbent supplier (BT) and HSCN suppliers in relation to migration, including any required escalations
- Ensure that the right structures, processes and systems are in place to track migration and make interventions, where required, including relevant stakeholders
- Establish and operate appropriate programme governance and controls
- Report progress to the HSCN Programme Board and other boards
About NHS Digital
NHS Digital acts as an internal NHS IT provider. We deliver national IT services to the NHS. Our broad range of skills enables us to deliver solutions on time and within budget, every time.
We provide a full life cycle, value for money service and work with our customers to:
- analyse and define their requirements
- develop and test the software
- host, support and maintain their services
We have a significant national infrastructure we can use for the benefit of our NHS customers. Our dedicated contact centre can provide ongoing support for all our services.