|Employer:||The University of Edinburgh|
|Closing Date:||22.09.2017 17:00|
Reporting to, and working in close partnership with the Director, you will support and complement the work of the independent centres to deliver an integrated and internationally recognised Institute.
You will have a good honours degree or equivalent and a higher degree in a relevant discipline is highly desirable with experience and/or qualification in IPR, contracts and licensing also essential. Proven ability to create a strategic vision including organisational strategy development, operational and customer service strategy with an evidenced ability to secure external funding, bid development, negotiation and post-award delivery are all crucial to the post.
The post will be taken up as soon as possible after 1st November 2017 and is open ended (full time - 35 hours).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the JobQualifications/Training
- Good honours degree or equivalent, higher degree in a relevant discipline is highly desirable.
- Formal project management qualification and/or demonstrable experience of delivering business critical projects. Experience and/or qualification in IPR, contracts and licensing.
- Proven ability to create a strategic vision; organisational strategy development, operational and customer service strategy.
- Evidenced ability to secure external funding; bid development, negotiation and post-award delivery.
- Previous experience of senior operational management including; strategy, budget, infrastructure, people and process is desirable. Recognised as a leader who is able to drive a dynamic, complex process through to the desired end point
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, supported by good IT skills. Extremely good interpersonal, motivational, networking and negotiation/influencing skills.
- Sound understanding of HE sector environment (local, national, international).
- Ability to establish and maintain a network of personal working relationships with senior decision makers within and across universities, across regional and national government agencies and with national and international funding agencies.
Please include your CV and a supporting statement with details of how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience required for this post.
The University of Edinburgh
For more than four centuries, our people and their achievements have rewritten history time and again. They’ve explored space, revolutionised surgery, published era-defining books, paved the way for life-saving medical breakthroughs and introduced to the world many inventions, discoveries and ideas from penicillin to Dolly the sheep. We have believed that anything is possible, we still do.
The latest Research Excellence Framework highlighted our place at the forefront of international research. This adds to our international reputation for the quality of our teaching and our student experience excellence. The University is proud of its success with online teaching initiatives, with 2550 students currently studying its online distance learning postgraduate programmes, and a total to date of more than 2 million enrolments for Edinburgh MOOCs.
As a member of staff, you will be part of one of the world's leading universities, with 20 Schools spread over 3 Colleges that offer more than 1600 undergraduate and 600 postgraduate programmes to over 35,000 students each year. Professional services are critical to this success as well as our world-class teaching, research and student facilities. In fact, we are one of the top employers in Edinburgh, with over 13,000 people spread across a wide range of academic and supporting roles.
As a world-changing, world-leading university, we offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate academic, professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which include generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts and much more. Access our staff benefits page for further information and use our reward calculator to find out the total value of pay and benefits provided.
The University of Edinburgh holds a Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advance gender equality in higher education. We are members of the Race Equality Charter and we are also Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champions, actively promoting LGBT equality. The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment. See our University Initiatives website for further information.