|Location:||Berlin, Germany; Zug, Switzerland|
The successful candidate will primarily focus on organizing, leading and managing complex cross-functional/cross-company/cross-partners digital product development. From assessment to proof-of-concept, to launch and sustain. Digital Health/Product Development is the organization responsible to launch new kind of products for Amgen. Digital products (software medical devices, wearables, predictive analytics, etc.) which amplify the impact of our therapies and accelerate strategic innovation.
- This role is an active member of the Value Based HealthCare community in Europe. Working closely with other functions in defining the strategic opportunities and challenges which Amgen could address with new Digital Products, including assessing the business impact and relative value of some ideas vs. others. This includes managing and interacting with stakeholder’s at the most senior level.
- Lead the definition of what new products could be the digital responses to business challenges, how to proceed to develop and establishing the partnerships necessary to successfully launch them.
- Align and lead teams towards ambitious goals, to launch digital products. Those teams are composed of a number of diverse specialists, including but not restricted to: software developers (internal and external), Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, Quality Assurance, Enterprise IS, Medical, Safety and Commercial. Those specialists are based across several locations in the US, Europe and Asia, and belong to several seniority levels, requiring great communication and influencing skills, flexibility and inter-cultural awareness.
- Design, execute, and complete pilots. Well-designed pilots have a clear understanding of what problem they are solving for (e.g. patient identification, adherence, patient / HCP engagement, RWD/RWE, etc.) and key success criteria. Successful pilots will demonstrate impact and ROI with a clear path to full-scale implementation around the world and across products.
- Manage the internal matrix (marketing, medical, access, legal, compliance, etc.) as well as external partners (technology firms, start-ups, government, and other healthcare stakeholders).
- The ideal candidate will have a strong project management background, excellent communications skills, strong technology and research acumen, and a proven ability to work at all levels inside and outside the company.
- Experience working at a top 5 technology consulting firm and/or leading innovative technology projects in regulated industries like healthcare.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and techniques/processes (i.e. User Stories, TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration & Testing, Pairing, etc.)
- Certifications including one or more of the following: Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO); Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute (PMI); CSM, LEAN, Six Sigma, SAFe, Certified Software Manager (CSM),PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Coach (CSC)
- Knowledge and experience with web, mobile, internet and healthcare technologies
- Quick learner, proactive, takes initiative, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to clearly and effectively present information
- Ability to work independently and make decision without close supervision
- Strong project management skills, lead and manage projects from concept to completion in a matrix and at times ambiguous environment with demonstrated success
Amgen is one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies. For more than 35 years, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.