You are responsible for
- Is a member of the Enterprise Diagnostic Informatics management team, you will a role in co-driving an integrated SW strategy in cooperation with the other business lines, and with the digital health platform
- Aligning, in collaboration with markets and the Enterprise Diagnostic Informatics leader, fully responsible on annual revenue and margin for the BMC, BMC targets, and helping them be successful by delivering distinctive offerings
- Creating and executing on comprehensive global CI business plans to drive full value and customer impact for new products and services (time to market, important milestones, expected volume/share and price positioning/structure, expected COGS (Cost of Goods sold), cost of selling, product development and launch costs, lifecycle planning and capital investments required)
- Translating the strategic plan in Product Roadmaps and partner with other businesses to drive an integrated portfolio strategy.
- Creating compelling offerings (products, services, and solutions) that keep Philips competitive and meet customer needs
- Oversight of portfolio management within the business, optimizing resource deployment to the priority opportunities that maximize value creation for the BU, BG and help Markets succeed.
- Overseeing explosive new product launches—shaping how care is delivered, how customers behave and capturing the full economic value of the innovation with effective product and solutions marketing strategies
- Managing and building the skills of the solution management group (group that identifies and develops new customer segments and prioritizes product and solution development to target them); this group is likely to be an important source of future GM talent
- Scanning the CI competitive landscape to support the strategic M&A/BD&L groups in deal pipeline, transactions and post-merger integration
- Drive double digit growth YoY
- Expand the cardiology solution outside of the traditional spaces of diagnosis and treatment- expand to the continuum of care
- Drive operational excellence across the full E2E chain
- Partner with key businesses - IGT and Ultrasound
- Integration with recent acquisitions
- Make IntelliSpace Cardiovascular (ISCV) a Best in KLAS product
You are a part ofAn opportunity to shape strategy with EDI and be a driver of such innovations. A role that provides a high level of exposure, working with executive leaders, differing markets and building relationships that give you deep insight into Philips infrastructure. The business has about 160 employees, and is located primarily in The Netherlands. Platform activities for the business are in Best and Blumenau.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Clear understanding of how great products and solutions are conceived, developed, priced, and launched and managed through their life-cycle
- Fluency in business and financial planning and value-based management including managing commercial aspects of a business
- Ability to balance the attention of growth spending: between product line extensions and new product platforms, between different customer segments, geographies, etc.
- Broad understanding of healthcare delivery operations, clinical practice and economics in all parts of the world and the people are shaping them
- Deep understanding of the specific product/market segments where we compete, countries we operate, the customers we serve and the science and technologies we employ
- Ability to expand and shape customer markets
- Capabilities in product regulation and compliance, in line with local rules as directed by BG Q&R group
- Making in-sourcing vs. outsourcing decisions as related to product design, but not making in-sourcing vs. outsourcing decision for procurement - which is done at the BG-level
Education/Skills and Experience Requirements
- Degree in technical competence (computer science, software, electronics, mechanical) or business related education + Master's degree (MBA is a big advantage)
- 10+ years of experience in a business oriented environment, experience in global organizations.
- Strong background in SW, IT & Healthcare
- A proven track record as general manager with demonstrated business acumen, P&L experience and consistent goal attainment. Breadth of experience inclusive of marketing, product development and commercial leadership is ideal
- Experience in leading a global organization
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills, proven ability to work with customers' senior management levels.
- 'Can do' attitude, agile and results oriented
- Proven presentation, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills, with focus on interfaces management and complex organizational /matrix environment
- Proven management and leadership skills, including implementing effective change management processes, ability to inspire and lead teams, and develop talent
- Proven multi-tasking, time and project management, problem-solving, decision making and team-building skills
- Demonstrated partnership qualities and experience working collaboratively in matrix organizations
About Royal PhilipsRoyal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips generated 2018 sales of EUR 18.1 billion and employs approximately 77,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries.