Tasks & responsibilities
- You design and build the next-generation of analytics engines and services based on your strong expertise in data mining, statistics and machine learning.
- The interatctions with user / domain experts from all R&D functions helps you to understand problem statements and design data science use cases.
- Furthermore, you collaborate with developers, data engineers, UI/UX designers and architects for the implementation of scalable solutions.
- Through internal and external networking, collaboration and experimentation, you provide thought leadership to advance the discipline at BI.
- You identify innovative and transformative use cases for advanced analytics / machine learning in all areas of R&D and across functions.
- In addition, you lead the data science part of digital initiatives as a member of a use case team and in collaboration with R&D functions and partners (e.g. IT or external partners).
- You are looking forward to internalize trends in data science, including input from other industries and explore opportunities for transformative use cases in pharma R&D.
- PhD in computer sciences, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or a related life sciences field
- Several years of relevant work experience in data science, machine learning and in working in multidisciplinary environments
- Familiarity with life science data domains is a plus
- Experience in professional handling of large data volumes from various sources
- Excellent in scientific programming and profound knowledge in statistical analysis software and visualization tools (e.g. R, Python, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong communicator, open for innovation and a passionate team player
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
About Boehringer Ingelheim
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry's top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Social responsibility comes naturally to Boehringer Ingelheim. That is why the company is involved in social projects such as the "Making More Health" initiative. Boehringer Ingelheim also actively promotes workforce diversity and benefits from its employees' different experiences and skills. Furthermore, the focus is on environmental protection and sustainability in everything the company does.