The Microsoft Healthcare Innovation Awards are presented annually to the healthcare organization and technology solutions partner - with which it has collaborated - that best demonstrates industry leadership in using technology to achieve innovation excellence in each of the following categories:
- Clinical Records - Inpatient
- Clinical Records - Ambulatory
- HIE and Interoperability
- Microsoft HealthVault Applications
Entries will be judged primarily on the following three criteria:
1. The innovation represents a breakthrough from the industry's historical approaches.
2. The innovation goes beyond incremental improvements on technologies that already exist.
3. The innovation measurably improves significant business and/or clinical processes that positively impact patient care.
The award committee will accept nominations from any healthcare organization* worldwide, which has developed and implemented a solution independently or working with a technology solution partner, as long as the solution is based on the latest Microsoft technologies such as BizTalk Server, Windows Server, MOSS 2007, Windows Mobile, SQL Server, Microsoft Surface, Xbox or the Office System 2007 to name a few. The award emphasizes the innovative application of available software and the creation of new solutions.
*Healthcare organizations include hospitals, health systems, clinics, group practices, public health organizations
Benefits to your organization
- Cross-industry recognition for both the healthcare organization and technology solutions partner, as leaders in technology innovation.
- Opportunity as a finalist (three finalists in each category) to present your solution in detail to the panel of judges, which includes influential members of the media and industry analysts.
- Broad awareness for winners and finalists through supporting news release, online content, and media interviews.
- A finalist and/or winner logo that can be leveraged in related marketing materials, conferences, and trade shows.
- Winners and finalists will receive guidance from Microsoft on how to promote themselves.
- Winners will have the option to present a track session at the Fall 2010 Microsoft Health Users Group Exchange.
- Winners will be awarded the coveted Microsoft Health Users Group 2010 Innovation Awards Trophy presented at the Microsoft Booth Theater on Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 from 3:00 - 3:20 p.m., during the HIMSS 2010 conference.
How to Enter
1. Review the Official Entry Form and Rules & Regulations from the Microsoft Health Users Group 2010 Innovation Awards website at www.mshug.org/awards.
3. BOTH healthcare organization and technology solution partner (if applicable) must sign the completed Release Form (last page of entry document) and fax to 312-915-9512 (you must include a cover page to the attention of: Caroline Connelly). Please note: Your submission will not be considered unless the Release Form is faxed in.
4. Submission deadline is January 22nd, 2010 at 5:00 PM Central Standard Time. After this date, all entries and content will be considered final.
Related news articles:
- Microsoft's Profile