eHealth mainly belongs to the 'Personalising Health and Care' (PHC) focus area. The following calls deal with the eHealth domain:
- PHC-26-2014: Self-management of health and disease: citizen engagement and health (this call includes the mHealth topic);
- PHC-34-2014: eHealth interoperability.
- PHC-25-2015: Advanced ICT systems and services for integrated care;
- PHC-27-2015: Self-management of health and disease and patient empowerment supported by ICT;
- PHC-28-2015: Self-management of health and disease and decision support systems based on predictive computer modelling used by the patient him or herself;
- PHC-29-2015: Public procurement of innovative eHealth services;
- PHC-30-2015: Digital representation of health data to improve disease diagnosis and treatment.
These calls are all 'single stage' meaning only one evaluation round instead of two.
The cost of healthcare in Europe will soon reach 10 per cent of GDP, and this figure is likely to go up as Europe's population is getting older and as chronic diseases are on the rise.
This is where the 'personalising health and care' focus area comes in. By better understanding the causes of health and disease and making best use of big data, we can develop better diagnostics (e.g. in vivo medical imaging), therapies (e.g. clinical trials for non-communicable diseases), health promotion and disease prevention strategies (e.g. environment and health based interventions) at personal and population level, as well as technologies to support healthy ageing (e.g. mHealth applications).
The personalising health and care call has a total budget of €549 million for 2014.
For an overview about all calls, please visit:
Participant Portal - funding opportunities.