Philips Wants You to Be the Picture of Health: Showcases Cloud-based Technologies for Every Stage of Life
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) will showcase how consumer health and professional healthcare are coming together in the Philips HealthSuite digital platform, the company's cloud-based innovation platform, to help consumers and their healthcare providers obtain a complete picture of their health as well as take the right steps to remain healthy at every stage of life. During the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), January 6-9 in Las Vegas at the Sands Expo, booth #72941, Philips will demonstrate apps that help track a baby's development to a child’s tooth brushing habits, as well as offering personalized grooming advice for men. Additionally, there are connected health solutions for patients recovering from acute conditions that enable seniors to be more independent, allowing them to stay at home where they are most comfortable.
The Philips HealthSuite digital platform is an open, cloud-based platform of services, capabilities and tools that allows Philips and its partners to create the next generation of connected health innovations. It interoperates seamlessly with other cloud-based technologies such as the Salesforce Health Cloud and Amazon Web Services. The platform will also support professional healthcare solutions, personal coaching apps and Philips consumer devices, as well as those from other open platforms. In addition, the platform will support population health analytics, giving clinicians a better view into how to support society, from understanding if a baby is hitting development milestones, to managing patients with chronic diseases like diabetes, to understanding the unique needs of older adults and how to empower them.
"By connecting both consumers and their medical devices in the cloud, not only do we enable consumers to take greater control of their personal health journey with just-in-time analyses and advice through personalized health apps, but we can also provide clinicians with better quality information in a more manageable way, so they know when to intervene in your healthcare," said Liat Ben-Zur, SVP, Digital Technology and Connected Propositions at Philips. "Our rich heritage in consumer electronics and healthcare allows us to break down the technology barriers between personal devices, hospitals and your home to take the Internet of Things to a whole new, more meaningful level. Ultimately, allowing people to live healthier, fuller lives."
At CES Philips will showcase cloud-based solutions for every stage of life:
- Philips Avent Smart Baby Monitor uGrow App - The uGrow app is a new digital parenting platform and corresponding Smart Baby Monitor, which supports the healthy development of babies at every stage, with personalized advice and insights to help promote empowered parenting.
- Philips Sonicare for Kids - An interactive toothbrush with a fun, character-based training app that keeps kids engaged for the full dentist-recommended brushing time of two minutes while they develop healthy tooth brushing habits for life. The app syncs with the electric toothbrush via Bluetooth® wireless technology* to track brushing and provide real-time feedback to help kids develop better brushing techniques.
- Philips Lumify - The world's first app-based ultrasound medical imaging system connects off-the-shelf, compatible smart devices with a unique mobile application and advanced ultrasound transducer technology, making this solution ultra-mobile and cost effective.
- Philips Norelco Smart Shaver series 7000 - The world's first Bluetooth® connected shaver assesses your skin and shaving routine and gives personalized guidance to avoid skin irritation.
- The Philips Body analysis scale - The Philips Body analysis Scale measures weight, estimates body fat through Bio-Impedance Analysis, and calculates BMI supporting the entire family with up to eight user profiles.
- The Philips Health Watch - Unlike fitness trackers, this unique Health Watch has been designed as a medical device with clinically validated accuracy of measurements and algorithms. Using a proprietary optical heart rate sensor and accelerometer, it provides data that clinicians and users can trust. The watch continuously and automatically measures a wide range of health biometrics (including activity, calories burned, heart rate and sleep patterns). Wirelessly connecting to the Philips HealthSuite Health app for personal goal setting, support and motivation, the watch helps make healthy lifestyle choices easier.
- Philips Diabetes Support Solution - Philips and Radboudumc have introduced a prototype connected digital health solution to improve care for the nearly 400 million people living with diabetes worldwide and their caregivers. A CES Innovation Honoree, the award-winning app combines a diabetes self-management app with an integrated online community for collaborative care.
- Philips PulseRelief - Offering wireless, app-controlled TENS (Transcutaneous Electronic Nerve Stimulation) therapy for more comfort and complete freedom of movement, the Philips PulseRelief helps relieve mild to moderate musculoskeletal pain. Easy and convenient to use, pain sufferers can manage and personalize treatment from their smartphone or tablet according to their needs, choosing from 15 programs and 60 intensity levels.
- Philips eCareCoordinator and eCareCompanion - eCareCoordinator supports population health management by providing clinicians with a daily review of each of their patients including vital signs, blood pressure and weight, and care team insights, allowing them to prioritize patients and adjust care plans or intervene as needed. With Philips eCareCompanion, patients have a self-service portal, driving engagement and self-management. Accessed via a tablet, the app allows patients to answer questions about their health, enter measurements and connect with their care teams.
- Philips CareSage - A powerful predictive analytics engine that enables health systems and caregivers to better monitor and care for elderly patients by combining actionable insights with wearable devices and monitoring. CareSage provides analysis of real-time and historical data from healthcare providers and Philips Lifeline personal emergency response system data, to proactively identify patients most likely to have health issues. This allows clinicians to intervene before problems occur, potentially helping patients stay healthier and reduce avoidable hospitalizations.
Related news articles:
- Philips Healthcare's Profile
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2014 sales of EUR 21.4 billion and employs approximately 106,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.
Most Popular Now
RADAR-CNS (Remote assessment of disease and relapse - Central Nervous System), a major new research programme supported by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) start...Read more
UK healthcare technology company Patientrack has been recognised as providing one of the best eHealth solutions anywhere in Europe, in an EU competition focussed on healt...Read more
Opinion Article by Steve Carvell, head of healthcare at CommonTime. Technology skills are in higher demand than ever. Look across any vertical and developers who can cre...Read more
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today launched the results of the first edition of its Future Health Index (FHI), an extensive international study which explores how...Read more
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG; AEX: PHIA) and SURFsara (a subsidiary of the SURF cooperation), the leading Dutch high-performance supercomputing and data infrastructure provid...Read more
The current special issue of Technology and Innovation, Journal of the National Academy of Inventors, Volume 18, Number 1 (all open access), is devoted to the evolution o...Read more
8 - 9 September 2016, Flensburg, Germany. The first eHealth Innovation Days Conference at Flensburg University of Applied Sciences will offer a platform for networking, ...Read more
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG; AEX: PHIA) has announced the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected, its latest innovation that uses Smart Sensor technology to help consu...Read more
21 - 22 June 2016, Lausanne, Switzerland. The 2016 Healthtech Summit is the leading independent European event for investment in Digital Health and Medtech. The summit a...Read more