In 2018, the new business department Digital Health Solutions was created to innovate healthcare in a fast changing customer and market landscape. Addressing the large need for novel products and business models, we established Startup Creasphere, operated by Plug and Play. Startup Creasphere is a startup accelerator focusing on digital healthcare solutions in order to transform healthcare together with startups as well as other corporate partners such as health insurances or IT companies.
What does your new job include?
- Accelerator Program
- Compilation of accelerator program elements such as coaching or mentoring sessions with internal/external partners
- Support of pilot projects from a functional as well as organisational perspective
- Global Startup Scouting
- Contribution to global landscaping activities incl. the compilation of international evaluation teams and assessment of startups
- Setting up internal as well as external events and marketing activities about startups, the accelerator program, and further aspects of Startup Creasphere
- Core Team Support & Stakeholder Management
- Coordination of the partnership between Roche, Plug and Play and further internal/external partners of Startup Creasphere
- Conducting accelerator team meetings
- Creation of project management documentation for pilot projects and website content as well as a project dashboard for project reviews
About RocheRoche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people's lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare - a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible.
Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims to improve patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders. Thirty medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Moreover, for the tenth consecutive year, Roche has been recognised as the most sustainable company in the Pharmaceuticals Industry by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
The Roche Group, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, is active in over 100 countries and in 2017 employed about 94,000 people worldwide. In 2017, Roche invested CHF 10.4 billion in R&D and posted sales of CHF 53.3 billion. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan.