|Employer:||Technische Hochschule Deggendorf|
- You have a degree in mathematics, electrical engineering and information technology or (business, medical) computer science with competences in data analysis and data processing, preferably in the health industry;
- Extensive and well-founded knowledge in the field of health management, networking and interoperability of health data, knowledge of artificial intelligence technologies and big data is required;
- You can interact constructively with students and colleagues and enrich the campus with your research and teaching activities. Your research should have the potential to inspire both scientists and practitioners. You document this with your scientific publications. National or international industry experience and a noticeably high motivation to share your knowledge round off your profile;
- You enjoy working creatively on the further development of existing degree programmes and the establishment of new ones. The eHealth Laboratory, for example, is at your disposal for this purpose. It focuses on sustainable health and health tourism applications and contributes to the international health profile of the location.
- In view of the international orientation of the campus, your courses will be held exclusively in English.
- University degree;
- Special aptitude for scientific work, usually demonstrated by the quality of a doctorate;
- Pedagogical aptitude;
- Special achievements in the application or development of scientific knowledge and methods in at least five years of professional practice which must have been acquired after completion of the university studies and of which at least three years must have been exercised outside the university area;
- Proof of professional practice outside the higher education sector may, in special cases, be furnished by the fact that, over a period of at least five years, a significant part of the professional activity was carried out in cooperation between the higher education institution and non-university professional practice
Your workplace is located directly on campus. If required, teaching events should also be held at the Deggendorf campus. The European Campus Rottal-Inn is centrally located in the charming district town of Pfarrkirchen, which belongs to the administrative district of Lower Bavaria and is located in the southeast of Germany. The city between Danube and Inn is idyllically situated and offers many leisure activities. Pfarrkirchen has excellent school and educational facilities. Attractive cities nearby are Passau, Regensburg, Linz and Salzburg. Munich International Airport is only a 90-minute drive away. The proximity to Austria and the Czech Republic puts the district town in the centre of Europe.
The position is suitable for people with severe disabilities. Severely handicapped applicants will be given preference if they are otherwise of essentially the same aptitude, ability and professional performance.
The Deggendorf Institute of Technology aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific staff.
Those who have not yet reached the age of 52 can be appointed as civil servants.
The salary is paid as a W-2 professorship in accordance with the Bavarian Salary Act. In addition, the university offers so-called performance payments and individual research and teaching allowances for other benefits.
Applications with the usual documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, proof of qualification, references, publication list and three specialist references) must be submitted by January 12, 2020.