While we are investing in engineering excellence - leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don't stop there. We're also investing in our 46.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in the healthcare industry.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Research Scientist (m/f) Artificial Intelligence in Forchheim.
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, then evaluate new technologies with us.
- You evaluate Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies and their application to radiography and mammography
- You investigate these technologies by application to data and image acquisition, to image reconstruction, to the diagnostic process and to the optimization of clinical workflows
- Concept creation, design and prototype development of algorithms for medical x-ray imaging belongs to your tasks
- You extend our intellectual property portfolio by invention disclosures
- You work closely with internal and external collaboration partners
- You publish articles in scientific journals and attend international conferences
This position may suit you best, if you have professional experience in x-ray physics and image processing.
- You hold a university degree in physics, mathematics, computer science or a related field. PHD is preferable
- You have long years of professional experience in the field of Artificial Intelligence and you have experience in x-ray physics and image processing
- You have sound knowledge in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and you are able to apply this knowhow to x-ray imaging
- You are expert in software development and experience in C++ and Matlab
- Your excellent communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English, are convincing. Ideally you bring good german skills
- You excel by the capability to work in a team, by analytical thinking and problem solving skills
About Siemens Healthineers
Siemens Healthineers is the separately managed healthcare business of Siemens AG enabling healthcare providers worldwide to meet their current challenges and to excel in their respective environments. A leader in medical technology, Siemens Healthineers is constantly innovating its portfolio of products and services in its core areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging and in laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine. Siemens Healthineers is also actively developing its digital health services and enterprise services. To help customers succeed in today's dynamic healthcare marketplace, Siemens Healthineers is championing new business models that maximize opportunity and minimize risk for healthcare providers. In fiscal 2016, which ended on September 30, 2016, Siemens Healthineers generated revenue of €13.5 billion and net income of over €2.3 billion and has about 46,000 employees worldwide.