You will be leading a small team of driven digital project managers. With your team you will help Merck’s global businesses to find, validate and realize Digital Opportunities in their respective businesses (i.e. operational improvement opportunities, revenue optimization opportunities). Further, you will identify new Digital Business opportunities and drive the creation and execution of these new Digital Businesses to launch and beyond. As a leader in the CDO you and your team will define and implement efficient processes and methodologies to run and organize the CDO towards its mandate (i.e. digital project portfolio management) and help building a digital community across Merck. In your role, it will be essential to build strong relationships and trust with senior leaders across Merck as well as with external technology partners such as Palantir and other leading large and small Digital leaders in Merck’s relevant ecosystem. Further, it will be instrumental for your role to attract, develop, and efficiently lead a team of digital high-potentials. You will be reporting into the Head of Digital Office, who is a former Digital Health Entrepreneur and has spent formative years at McKinsey.
Who you are:
- University degree in business studies or scientific studies
- Minimum 3-4 years of working experience at a leading strategic management consultancy such as McKinsey, BCG or Bain
- Ability to work internationally as well as in global virtual teams
- Experience in building digital business and/or innovation management (preferable)
- Experience in leading transforming digitalization’s of traditional businesses (preferable)
- Demonstrated experience acting as strategic thought partner to teams and successfully leading teams
- Razor-sharp focus on what creates value
- Ability to work autonomously, being well organized and able to set the right priorities
- Strong analytical skills, big-picture thinking
- Proven experience in using latest state of the art start-up and innovation management tools (preferable)
- Entrepreneurial personality with creative unconventional thinking skills
- Strong global networking skills with ability to build up relations with stakeholders and internal knowledge owners across all businesses
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken) and German
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally (about 40% of time)
- Strong communication skills
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life - from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions. In 2016, Merck generated sales of € 15.0 billion in 66 countries.
Founded in 1668, Merck is the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. Merck holds the global rights to the Merck name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials.