|Employer:||Sandoz (Novartis Group)|
The purpose of the Director Global Strategic Planning role is to Manage multiple, cross-functional project teams ensuring rapid results generation of assigned initiatives.
- Set the digital aspiration for Sandoz and translate that into a tangible roadmap for the next 3-5 years and beyond
- Closely collaborate with all Novartis divisions to identify synergies and opportunities along digital agenda and solutions
- Drive the implementation across functions and geographies in Sandoz and track the success
- Work with key stakeholders in top management to enable their “digital readiness” and informed decision making
- Build and coordinate a small capable team to develop solutions on how we innovate, sell and operate
- Act as the crystallization point for all digital topics of strategic value between Sandoz and external world, i.e.,
- Respond to or identify business challenges within Sandoz which could be resolved by digital solutions and coordinate the solution
- Identify new business models in the market (products and services) that may be a model for Sandoz and push their adoption in the division
- Actively identify and start collaborations with external parties (e.g., startups) which can also be exploratory in nature
- Help initiatives and colleagues (individually or in groups) to become more digital, more agile and more customer-centric
- Significant experience at top tier consultancy (with relevant CXO interaction)
- Proven experience as project manager is a must-have, ideally
- First-hand experience in developing and delivering digital strategies/transformations along e.g,. multi-channel, web-enabled design, big data analytics, cloud computing, e-commerce etc.
- Highly desired: Demonstrable track-record in building digital businesses, particularly as a founder
- Savviness in innovative digital trends, e.g. IoT, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks etc
- Top academic achievements
- Fluency in English & at least 1 additional European language
- Tested capability to successfully lead teams and projects, often with tight time constraints
- Entrepreneurial spirit with Can-do, pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Sandoz is a global leader in generic pharmaceuticals and biosimilars. As a division of the Novartis Group, our purpose is to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives. We contribute to society’s ability to support growing healthcare needs by pioneering novel approaches to help people around the world access high-quality medicine. Our portfolio of approximately 1000 molecules, covering all major therapeutic areas, accounted for 2016 sales of USD 10.1 billion. In 2016, our products reached well over 500 million patients and we aspire to reach one billion. Sandoz is headquartered in Holzkirchen, in Germany’s Greater Munich area.
Sandoz Biopharmaceuticals, a global business unit of Sandoz, comprises biosimilars, contract manufacturing and Glatopa 20mg (glatiramer acetate). It is a USD one billion business (2016 annual sales). As the pioneer and global leader in biosimilars, with sales in 86 countries and five marketed biosimilars in Europe, Sandoz is committed to increasing patient access to high-quality, life-enhancing biosimilars. Its biosimilar products (Omnitrope, Binocrit, Zarzio/Zarzio, Rixathon and Erelzi) have generated more than 340 million patient days of experience. Sandoz has a leading biosimilar pipeline and plans to launch a total of five biosimilars of major oncology and immunology biologics across major markets between 2017 and 2020. A division of the Novartis Group, Sandoz is well-positioned to continue leading the biosimilars industry based on its experience and capabilities in development, manufacturing, and commercialization.