You will lead a team with responsibility for overall prototype design from concepts through large scale manufacturing with contract manufacturers. You will be a member of the Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) Leadership Team and serve on the Digital Innovation Board (DIB).
- You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of digital health opportunities to deliver at least one opportunity per year.
- You will set the strategy and manage a team of ~10 direct & indirect cross-functional reports (Regulatory, Medical, Quality, Supply, Technical Leads, etc.) to provide expert support/project input to device innovation projects in close partnerships with the category project teams/management as well as establish new innovation platform areas.
- As the successful incumbent, you will establish and maintain world-leading, cross-functional capabilities in a newly established Digital Innovation Hub and enable rapid prototyping (hardware/sensors, apps, etc.) capabilities for early stage Consumer Science evaluation.
- You will create partner selection criteria for various partner categories. Manage internal and external partners to step-change GSK Consumer Healthcare ability to drive big-bet, digital breakthrough global innovation across all categories.
- In this role, you will establish new research platforms into new technologies to enable digital diagnostics and treatment aids, including IP strategy.
Closing date for applications: May 15th 2018
- BSc in Computer Science, Physics or Engineering ideally with a Business degree or equivalent
- Significant and broad experience in device product development
- Knowledge and deep understanding of the digital health (devices/apps/data) and broader trends in healthcare landscape.
- Strong and broad understanding of deep scientific knowledge with ability to translate into new cross-category global platforms.
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills with strong expertise in managing multi-disciplinary, matrixed teams.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills given large portfolio impact and multiple 1:1 interactions with senior internal / external stakeholders.
- Line leader experience
- MA/MS/MBA in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- Advanced education in digital health (AI, devices, apps, etc.) and business.
About GSKGSK - a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.