While we are investing in engineering excellence - leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don't stop there. We're also investing in our 48.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in the healthcare industry.
Join Siemens Healthineers as PhD Candidate (m/f) Next Generation Medical Imaging Systems in Erlangen.
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, be part of our innovation team and support research and pre-development of our next generation medical imaging systems.
- You will implement a novel digital data acquisition system
- Furthermore you will investigate new hard and software architectures for up to 100 GBit/second
- You will implement the connection between the data acquisition and data reconstruction system
- You will select and optimize hard and software architecture for imaging reconstruction, in particular GPU and FPGA based solutions
- You will enhance and optimize image reconstruction
- You will develop and investigate novel image reconstruction algorithms
- You work closely with internal business partners as well as academic partners in Europe and the USA
This position may suit you best, if you have a passion for medical imaging technologies.
- You have completed a master or diploma degree in the area of electrical engineering, medical engineering, informatics, physics or comparable
- Practical experience, in particular in the area of medical ultrasound and x-ray imaging, is advantageous
- Knowledge of image reconstruction and post-processing algorithms and tools is beneficial
- You possess strong attitude towards digital electronics and multi-gigabit data transmission systems
- Experience in GPU and/or FPGA programming is advantageous; you are eager to build up expert knowledge in hardware acceleration and high data rate processing
- You will primarily be located in Erlangen/Germany, but you are willing to spend up to 3 months at a foreign business site
- High proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Basic communication skills in German are advantageous
About Siemens Healthineers
Siemens Healthineers is the separately managed healthcare business of Siemens AG enabling healthcare providers worldwide to meet their current challenges and to excel in their respective environments. A leader in medical technology, Siemens Healthineers is constantly innovating its portfolio of products and services in its core areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging and in laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine. Siemens Healthineers is also actively developing its digital health services and enterprise services. To help customers succeed in today's dynamic healthcare marketplace, Siemens Healthineers is championing new business models that maximize opportunity and minimize risk for healthcare providers. In fiscal 2016, which ended on September 30, 2016, Siemens Healthineers generated revenue of €13.5 billion and net income of over €2.3 billion and has about 46,000 employees worldwide.