|Employer:||University of Luxembourg|
As a Full Professor at the University of Luxembourg you will:
- set up and develop your own research group and a visionary competitive research programme in the field of Digital Health. The research should focus around digital healthcare technologies and digital medicine in Parkinson’s disease (PD) and other neurological diseases. The candidate is expected to develop a new digital health ecosystem using different approaches such as IT-based patient and data management platforms, new wearable technologies for tele-medical-home-monitoring concepts and predictive modeling approaches based on multimodal real-life data.
- successfully attract high-ranking external research grants from national and international sources
- conduct research at the highest international level and lead interdisciplinary research on a national level by reaching out to the experimental, computational and clinical research groups within the collaborative environment of Luxembourg
- actively contribute to Centre and University developments to effectively translate innovative approaches to policy and practice, by taking initiative in working groups hosting different policy makers, such as Centre-, Faculty-, University- and national stakeholder committees, with the aim to jointly develop Luxembourg as research hub in Europe
- promote a culture of continuous quality awareness and openness for improvements
- be engaged and take actions to develop inspiring and innovative teaching formats for the relevant master programs and upcoming medical education program at the University
- attract talented researchers to Luxembourg and offer excellent mentoring, supervision and training to PhD students and Postdocs at LCSB.
- participate in public outreach activities, such as national science days, open days or media campaigns, to strengthen the reputation of the Centre and the University in Luxembourg and the Grater Region
- PhD in medicine, medical technology, computer science, public health or sensor engineering with a background in medical applications
- Strong experience (+8 years) in interdisciplinary medical research with a focus on translational research projects around the theme of digital health and usage of sensor technologies in patients with neurological diseases.
- a minimum of 10 years of post-doctoral experience
- an excellent research record in the field of medical technology proven by high-level publications, conference presentations, and participation in international research collaborations
- proven record in acquiring research grants and managing research projects
- comprehensive teaching experience at the undergraduate and the postgraduate level, as well as strong supervisory skills
- excellent leadership skills, including personnel and budget management skills
- strong interpersonal and communications skills
- The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and in one of the two official languages of Luxembourg: French or German. The University encourages its staff to learn the other official language and provides access to language courses to this end.
- highly engaged and motivated staff in a positive and dynamic international and interdisciplinary working environment
- attractive starting package and fully funded position with competitive remuneration
- access to high performance computing facility of the University
- access to excellent research facilities and infrastructure at LCSB
- futuristic and new university buildings on the new City of Science-campus Belval with new urban surroundings. Belval is one of the largest current urban renewal projects in Europe
- Professional and administrative support to applications for external funding from national and international funding agencies.
About the University of Luxembourg and LCSBFounded in 2003, the University of Luxembourg is the only public university of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. It is a multicultural and modern European research university with a personal atmosphere. With an emphasis on interdisciplinary research, the University of Luxembourg strives for international excellence as well as regional relevance. The University of Luxembourg offers a competitive package and an international research and teaching environment.